Saturday 18 February 2017

Writing Competitions

I have entered a writing competition tonight, its not that I expect or want to win, I just want to get into the habit of writing and getting my work out there. A lot of my work will be showcased here too obviously.

I entered Moving On (my short story I posted previously) into the Writing Ink Monthly Competition; a small online magazine competition with a prize consisting of a £10 Amazon voucher and the winning entry posted on their website.

I am currently enjoying making notes for future short stories, poems and articles. Its challenging my imagination and I embrace it thoroughly.
 Sitting staring into space is getting me some looks but I play it off as tiredness or me having lots of things on my mind.

As much as I want to have people honour me for my work, I haven't really shared these stories on my personal social media pages yet. It's one thing admitting that I want to be a writer, another entirely to admit it loudly when I don't know whether or not I will fail.

I know I need to have faith and be confident in myself but this is a completely new field that I am venturing into...with there being so many talented writers out there, its not unusual for some to be hidden from view. So, for now this is my hobby, running alongside my daily life.....I love to hope that something will come of it but if it doesn't, then I am having fun all the same. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment