Sunday 25 February 2018

The Weekend is Over

Just as I get into the swing of the weekend then Sunday evening comes along and slaps me in the face with its relentless realisation that Monday is only a mere few hours away.

How did that happen?

Friday was a bit vague, especially the evening.

I left work at 2pm on Friday, went home, got ready and went out with friends for food and drinks...lots of drinks. The night started at 6.30 and I was home by 12.30. I was very very inebriated, there may have been more than a few pints of beer...may have been some drunk dancing...and I definitely dropped my new Rimmel Face Powder, turning the contents to dust.

Then came Saturday, which was very vague. It involved a lot of me feeling sorry for myself, wallowing in my own self pity as I rocked the hangover from hell. No amount of water or stodgy food would take the heavy head away from me. I just had to ride it out...which I did...with the help of a duvet, crappy tv and Pug Love.

So when today turned up I felt like my weekend had been blown...but despite the dreaded feeling that work is tomorrow...I have had a really good weekend. I enjoyed seeing my friends, they're both fab and they know it. I enjoyed seeing the Justin Timberlake Tribute, Adam Pullen....check him out on FB or Instagram if you get the chance....I had my photo taken with him and he smelled lovely. :D

And even though I was dying a little, or a lot yesterday then I still got to have lots of cuddles from my boys. The highlight was when Oliver rubbed my head and said, 'There There Mom, you will feel better in a minute'.....he really is a darling. I also picture me repeating the words to him when he is older....

So there it is, the weekend is over...we are onto a new work week. And then next Friday...I am out again!

Until the next time

S x

No comments:

Post a Comment