Sunday 11 March 2018

Mothers Day

Happy Mothers Day to all the amazing mothers out there.

We have been spoilt haven't we?

Pretty mugs, boxes of chocolates, even alcohol...(Because lets face it, sometimes we need it) 

The cute faces on our children as they hand us hand decorated cards is generally all we need, even if we do get covered in felt print and glitter.

And if that wasn't enough we got the 'obligatory' extra hour in bed. 

This 'sleep-in' was obviously disturbed as the boys raced around downstairs, making all sorts of noise and creating dramas over whose breakfast bowl was whose, with the occasional 'blue' word from my husband as he tripped over the dog for the hundredth time, but it was a lie in!

And it made a change from being badgered into getting up and downstairs by Oliver who had woken up hungry.

His first thought is always food! In fact, most thoughts of his are food related.

Once I got downstairs I was enticed by Ethan to a game of Minecraft.

We built maze-like tunnels around his self-created land, whilst he spawned lots of wolves....I have no idea why.

After dropping Mothers Day gifts off and having Sunday Dinner with my family, we came home and chilled.

I showered all 3 of my boys. That is Ethan, Oliver and Harry.

I thought showering Oliver was difficult! He usually screams the bathroom down as I wash his hair, asking me or rather begging me to not wash his eyeballs. 

But the dog tonight was on another level. I had one hand on him whilst I bent down to shower him; he was trying to escape which had me almost slip over a number of times...and when I did finally finish showering him, he wanted to get back in...

Needless to say, I was absolutely drenched, but....he smells gorgeous now and his fur is lovely and soft. He is now currently snoring next to me. 

Today has been quite normal really; back to work tomorrow. I am on a countdown now until Ethan's birthday in a few weeks. He will be 7!

How on Earth did that happen??

S x

No comments:

Post a Comment