Monday 12 March 2018

This Month...

This Month I should be preparing for you to arrive. 
This Month I should be feeling you swirl and tap dance in my tummy. 
This Month I should be washing and rewashing your tiny clothes eager to put you into them. 
This Month I should be fed up with pregnancy; groaning daily and eager for it to be over.
This Month I should be eating my body weight in pickled onions or other foods I crave
This Month I should be talking to you repeatedly through the skin that parts us.
This Month I should be counting down the days until you arrive.
This Month I should be too big to drive around in my car.
This Month I should be complaining of heartburn and swollen ankles. 
This Month I should be on maternity leave, enjoying the thought of the months ahead.
This Month your brothers should be welcoming a new sibling, someone they would love.
This Month I should be holding you for the first time in my arms after you have been born.
This Month I should be bringing you home to add a very welcome addition to our family.


Instead...

This Month I am plastering a smile on my face and trying to act like I am okay.
This Month I am crying almost daily at the days and memories I wont be able to make.
This Month I am picturing what you would have looked like and long for you painfully.
This Month I am carrying on at my work; trying to forget that I lost you.
This Month I am carrying on for my boys, and not showing them how sad I am.
This Month I am trying to push onwards and hoping April will be better.  
This Month I sneak glances up at your memory box before I go to bed each night, knowing that your ashes are safely stored away in it. 

This Month I miss you; I never had you, but I miss what you would have meant to us. I miss what you would have brought to our family and I miss the memories we wont now be able to make. 

This Month I love you as I would have if you were here, but This Month I ache for you. 

I lost you months before now, but This Month you should be Born. 

Always thinking of you; always missing you, always wanting you. Never forgetting. 

S x

No comments:

Post a Comment