Tuesday 2 January 2018

January 2nd 2018

Today I woke feeling a lot more positive and felt more at peace with what had happened to us as a family. I think giving myself goals and aims has helped me to focus on something else.

I like to think that I have made little steps to accomplish what I wrote on my goals list yesterday. 


I drank more water, as I did yesterday, 6 glasses in fact! The first day was hard as I was constantly needing to empty my bladder, but today was a lot easier. I feel less foggy headed like normal and my husband commented that my skin looked brighter! Big Thumbs up to drinking more water then!

Who knew something as simple as remembering to drink could have an impact on my day! That is me all over though! I constantly forget...ask anyone who knows me and they will tell you that I am terrible at remembering dates/conversations...in fact, I am surprised I manage to remember to look after the boys most days. (That is most definitely a joke, I can and do look after the boys very well, please don't dial ChildLine on me)


I am not the most organised of people and drinking water is on the list with all the other endless things I forget to do or not do daily.

I also worked hard to eat healthier, I re-introduced fruit to my diet! I really think I shocked my system when I ate melon, grapes and banana, but I plowed through it, even if my mind was picturing chocolate and cake as I placed each piece of healthy morsel into my mouth. I managed to make myself and eat breakfast. In fact, that should be another goal on my list! As eating breakfast is not something I do. When I get up with the boys, tired from sleep and rushed into playing choo choo Thomas Trains the second I am down the stairs then I can't bring myself to fancy breakfast. It would be very nice if it was already prepared for me, I could eat it then...but having to prep at that time of the morning!! No, Sorry....I struggle to open a box of cereal and empty it into a bowl with milk without making a mess of the work surfaces.


But today, I got up gingerly and felt a lot less groggy (water must be playing a part) and made Weetabix Muffins (recipe below) - a Slimming World wonder! And placed it on my plate along with fresh melon and other fruit pieces. It wasn't as interesting as a huge doorstep breakfast sandwich with lashings of brown sauce, but it satisfied and stopped me from raiding the cupboard for crisps and biscuits. 

Recipe for Weetabix Muffins

I have created more posts on this blog and applied to Google AdSense - I am still learning and I appreciate that ads on blogs don't make that much money, but its a step in the right direction. I am keen to get myself out there, maybe even changing over from Blogger at some point and getting a proper web page set up. I want to make this work, but if it doesn't get me where I want it to then at least I have tried. 

When I started my photography business I aimed to be popular and get regular bookings. Towards the end I felt like I had accomplished what I wanted to and felt like I wanted to experience other things. And now I feel like I want to give blogging a real good go! But the real question is what do I blog about? Are people really going to be interested in reading about some strangers random ramblings about goals, life and kids. I have looked at other peoples blogs for ideas and I feel like I'm a small fish swimming in a vast ocean full of bright tropical fish....There are beauty blogs, music blogs, travel blogs, mummy blogs, review blogs! There are blogs dedicated to mental health, dedicated to particular topics, whether its reading, mechanics or cooking!

What category do I want to fit into to? If I had to be honest right now, I would say that I don't want to write a blog that is limited to one subject. Some days I may talk about my dreams and goals, maybe document my days back at Slimming World? Some days I may review a film and on others I may just post a ton of cute pictures of my Pug and my two young boys!

Whatever this blog may be I just want to have fun doing it. I want to feel like me again!


No comments:

Post a Comment