Saturday 6 January 2018

Lost

Lost
But you are not down the back of the sofa or at the bottom of my purse.

Lost
But you are not something I can easily find again.

Lost
I wish you were just hiding, somewhere out of sight.

Lost
My pain of losing you is real but only I can feel it, live it and breathe it.

Lost
The old saying goes, 'How can I miss you so much when I never really had you in the first place.' 

Lost
You were my baby, I felt you move. You should be here.

Lost
The word the doctors, nurses and midwives used.

Lost
How I feel as I go about my life but grieve for you quietly.

Lost
I want to speak about you openly but no other person completely understands.

Lost
Life must go on, but I struggle to move forward.

Lost
The days since you left have gone as normal, as though I never carried you in the first place. 

Lost
I close my eyes to see you, but when I open them you are gone.

Lost
You are gone from me for now, but I hope that one day I will find you.

Lost
You are lost

I lost you
Loss is what I feel. 




No comments:

Post a Comment